Ingu Solutions is a venture-funded, Calgary-based technology company that is creating positive change within the global oil and gas sector.
Oil and gas pipelines are critical assets within our economy. And like so much of the world’s underlying infrastructure, they are aging and vulnerable to climate events. But unlike our roads, bridges and rail, pipelines are often hidden from view, expensive to reach, and for 40 per cent of the world’s pipelines completely untouchable using current inspection technologies. It is this tough and pressing reality that we are addressing using smart, miniaturized sensors capable of travelling long distances at a fraction of the cost of current solutions.
Our technology is world-class, and we are rapidly growing to meet the demands of an industry ready for change.
You are a highly engaged physicist with a good understanding of magnetism who is interested in being part of a world-class product team. You want to be involved in state-of-the-art measurement and data analytics techniques and are ready to introduce these new techniques in the oil & gas industry. You are excited to dive into a new world with many unknowns and to collect and analyze data that’s never been looked at before.
What you’ll do
- Analyze magnetic field data and combine different datasets from multiple sensors
- Leverage and improve upon state-of-the-art knowledge to solve challenging problems across a variety of domains
- Work with and understand IMU and other sensor signals
- Collaborate closely with your colleagues to push the boundaries of what technology can do
What you need
- Strong theoretical knowledge of physics, including mathematical foundations, and in particular in magnetism
- Practical experience in analyzing sensor data
- Experience working with large dataset
- Excellent coding skills in Python or similar
- Degree (Bachelors, Masters or PhD) in physics, engineering, or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points for
- Practical experience with magnetic measurement techniques
- Experience in analyzing magnetic measurements of pipelines or similar materials
- Experience in working in the oil & gas sector
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
Where do you work